Outreach is an important aspect of Christian service and showing the love of God to everyone we encounter. By volunteering to help those who are sick, in prison, in need of emotional and material support are all important aspects. By reaching out to these people we hope to encounter Christ in each person and welcome new parishoners to our community.
- Faith Community Nurses
The St. John's Health Ministry is made up of a core of professional nurses, (RNs) who are actively licensed. The term Parish Nurse that is often used is familiar to members of the parish; however, the newer term is Faith Community Nurse (FCN) because many other religious congregations with nursing services do not use the term parish. We want parishioners to now recognize that we are Faith Community Nurses, the same nurses who have been serving Saint John's Cathedral. For more information contact the parish office.
- Prision Ministry
For more information contact: Jorge DeVarona, [email protected]
- Eucharistic Outreach
For more information contact: Randall Knapp, [email protected]
- Food Bank
The St. John's Food Bank is located at 775 N. 8th Street, Boise in the Riffle Center for Faith Formation. We are open Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1 to 3 p.m., except on major holidays.
Ways to Volunteer at the Food Bank
- Food Distribution - Volunteers work from 12:45-3pm every other week. Each shift has 3 volunteers - one typically greets clients and enters their data into the computer and the other two get food and give it to the clients.
- Box Filling - Volunteers come in one day every other week and fill boxes of food and stock shelves in preparation for food distribution days.
- Food Pick-Ups - Volunteers help with pick-ups from the Idaho Food Bank on Mondays at 11am and pick-ups at El-Ada the first Wednesday of each month at 9am. Volunteers need a large SUV or pickup truck and must be able to lift boxes.
- Substitute List - Volunteers are on a call list for Food Distribution Volunteers who are unable to make their scheduled shift.
- Friendship Feast
Contact Patricia Burley for more information: [email protected]
- Women's Bereavement
Contact Darlene Leonard at [email protected] for more information on meeting dates and events! You can also check out this video from our youtube channel (Studio 33ad) for more information on the ministry. Click Here!
- Cathedral Women's Connection
St. John's women's ministry members embrace the Mission of Hospitality, Service, Spirituality. There are no Dues associated with CWC. Hosting Diocesan annual events at the Boise Cathedral makes our Volunteers unique among the women's ministries in the Diocese. CWC at St. John’s is affiliated with the Idaho Council of Catholic Women which is the statewide affiliate of the National Council of Catholic Women. ICCW brings Catholic women together who love their Catholic faith and who wish to share it with more people in Idaho. Contact CWC Committee at [email protected] for more information or visit www.idahoccw.org www.nccw.org