Welcome to the Roman Catholic Cathedral Parish of St. John the Evangelist. Our parish was founded in 1876, and when our Diocese of Boise (that in our case embraces the State of Idaho) was established, St. John's became the Cathedral or "cathedra" (chair) of the Bishop. The beautiful Cathedral in downtown Boise was dedicated in 1921, the mother church for the state of Idaho.
Come join us for Holy Mass and more; we are here to be your spiritual home where you can be what St. Peter called the "living stones" of the Church.
Daily Masses Monday - Saturday [Chapel]
- Mon-Fri: 8:30AM & 12:15PM
- Wednesdays 6:30PM (Español)
- Saturdays 8:30AM
Sunday Masses [Cathedral]
- Saturday Vigil Mass 5PM
- Sunday 8AM, 10AM, 1PM(Español) & 5PM
Exposition and Adoration [Chapel]
- Mon. 7AM - 8PM
- Tue. 9:15 - noon
- Wed. 7AM - 6PM
- Thur. 9:15 - noon /Holy Hour 7-8PM
- Fri. 7AM - 8PM
- Saturdays: 3-4:45PM
- Wednesdays 1PM (Español 5:30PM)
- First Friday of the month 9:15-10:30AM; 1-2:30PM
Cathedral location since 1906
807 N. 8th Street (corner 8th & Hays)
- Hours: Monday-Thursday: 9AM-4PM & Friday: 9AM-noon
- Location & mailing address:
707 N. 8th Street; Boise, Idaho 83702
- (208) 342-3511
Cathedral Clergy Changes CLICK HERE.
Diocese of Boise "Catholic Response to Gender Identity Theory" CLICK HERE.