Schedule a Baptism
In Baptism, the Holy Spirit moves us to answer Christ's call to holiness. In Baptism, we are asked to walk by the light of Christ and to trust in his wisdom. We are invited to submit our hearts to Christ with ever deeper love.
NOTE: Baptism at the Cathedral is reserved for members of the Cathedral parish or those with strong ties to the Cathedral. Children ages 7 and older seeking Baptism must complete the RCIC (Rite of Christian Initiation for Children) program. Contact Monica Gamboa for more details or call the Parish Office at 208-342-3511.
Step 1 of 3: What you will need for the Sacrament of Baptism:
- Child's Birth certificate emailed to [email protected] or copy delivered to the Parish Office.
- At least one parent must be Catholic.
- A godparent who is 16 years of age or older, baptized, confirmed, and a practicing Catholic, single or married in the Catholic Church.
- Children are only required to have one Godparent, but if there are two; one must be male and the other female.
- Note: In addition to a Catholic godparent, a Christian Witness is allowed if they are a baptized and practicing Christian. A second Catholic godparent is also allowed
- Parents and Godparents/Christian Witness must attend a Baptism Preparation class ( locally or outside Boise metro area) before the Baptism will be scheduled. If this class has already been taken it must be within the past 2 years. Please note if attending the Baptism Preparation at another parish (other than St. John's Cathedral) you will need to provide a photo or copy of your certificate/letter of attendance OR contact the Office to sign up for the next available class at St. John's.
Step 2 of 3: A $25 Administrative Fee per child is due at the completion of this Request Submission. This fee helps offset the ongoing cost of the following Baptism related expenses. If you wish to make an additional donation you may do so at the end of the application. ** fee does not include voluntary Priest/Deacon Stipend
- Baptism Certificate
- Baptism Stole
- Baptism Candle
- Holy Water Bottle
- Printing Cost
Any related questions may be directed to the Baptism Coordinator at the Parish Office (208) 342-3511; Monday through Thursday 9 am to 4 pm or by email [email protected]
Step 3 of 3: Online registration form.
Click HERE to request Baptism for your Child (0-6 yrs)