The St. John's Food Bank is located at 775 N. 8th Street, Boise in the Riffle Center for Faith Formation. We are open Mondays and Wednesdays from 1 to 3 p.m., except on major holidays.
Clients of the Food Bank
- Clients may receive food assistance from St. John’s Food Bank once per week.
- Clients must provide photo ID.
- We offer pre-made boxes of non-perishable food, dairy items, meat and produce to families and individuals who need assistance. We also have items for those who are traveling or homeless.
- We offer diapers and wipes once every 30 days to clients who need it.
- We offer 5 one-day bus passes every 30 days to clients who need it.
- We offer personal hygiene items as needed.
Donations to the Food Bank
- We receive most of our food from the Idaho Food Bank and the El Ada Government Commodity program.
- We receive diapers and wipes from the Idaho Diaper Bank.
- We accept donations of non-perishable food. Tuna, chili, boxed macaroni and cheese, canned chicken, cereal, canned pasta sauce, soup, canned beans, canned fruits and canned vegetables are the most high need items. Please leave donations in the vestibule of the church.
- We accept monetary donations. Checks can be made out to: St. John’s Food Bank and mailed to St. John’s Food Bank 707 N. 8th St. Boise, Idaho 83702
Ways to Volunteer at the Food Bank
- Food Distribution - Volunteers work from 12:45-3pm every other week. Each shift has 3 volunteers - one typically greets clients and enters their data into the computer and the other two get food and give it to the clients.
- Box Filling - Volunteers come in one day every other week and fill boxes of food and stock shelves in preparation for food distribution days.
- Food Pick-Ups - Volunteers help with pick-ups from the Idaho Food Bank on Mondays at 11am and pick-ups at El-Ada the first Wednesday of each month at 9am. Volunteers need a large SUV or pickup truck and must be able to lift boxes.
- Substitute List - Volunteers are on a call list for Food Distribution Volunteers who are unable to make their scheduled shift.
If you are interested in volunteering at St. John’s Food Bank, we'd love to have you. Contact: