Daughters of Mary
The Cathedral of St. John the Evanglist invites all girls 7-18 to join Daughters of Mary Sodality.
- Registration is open to all girls from the ages of 7 to 18. Registration will open Friday, November 5 and close on Saturday, December 4, 2021, and will not reopen until Fall 2022. Register online here
- Yearly dues are $25 per member
- The commissioning of the sodality will take place Wednesday, December 8 during mass of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception at 7 pm
- The sodality's first official First Saturday mass attendance and meeting will be on February 5, 2022 due to January 1 falling on a Saturday. There will be an informal meeting in December (TBD).
- For questions, please email [email protected]
- Please support this new ministry with your prayers.
- The Sodality of the Children of Mary was established in response to the command given to St. Catherine Laboure by Our Lady in July of 1830. Our Lady asked for a confraternity to be established in the Church that woudl be linked with the gift of the Miraculous Medal.
- At St. John's, members of the sodality will be required to:
- be receptive to heed Our Lady's command to "Do whatever he tells you" and live as a daughter of Mary;
- attend First Saturday mass and the sodality's meeting afterward;
- participate in the sodality's consecration to Mary;
- will be highly encouraged to participate in the crown of 12 stars program along with praying a decade of the rosary every day;
- participate in eucharistic processions, adoration and serve as sacristans for the masses.
St. Philomena, Pray for Us.
St. Philomena is the patroness of the Children of Mary as was entrusted by Pope Pius IX.