Wedding Requests must be submitted at least six months before the desired wedding date. Please contact the parish office at 208-342-3511 or [email protected] for possible openings. The calendar changes often; dates are only scheduled and confirmed once all documentation and non-refundable down payment are received AND the interested parties have met with the Pastoral Associate to discuss Cathedral dates and assign clergy.
Planning Your Wedding:
1. Complete a Wedding Request Form. Questions about this form may be directed to the Event Coordinator at the Parish Office: 208-342-3511 x110 (Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) or email [email protected]
2. Contact our Pastoral Associate at [email protected] to initiate the planning process and to plan for a priest or deacon to help you with marriage preparation. Make an appointment to meet with a pastoral staff member (either a Pastoral Associate or Deacon). This appointment will review the process of getting married in our church and the initial down payment of $750 will be due to confirm your date and time. If you cancel your wedding for any reason the down payment is non-refundable.
3. Review and sign Wedding Guidelines
What times are available for scheduling our wedding?
- Saturday – 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, 7:30 pm
- Weekday availability by request (parish calendar permitting)
- NO weddings scheduled on Sundays, Christmas Eve, Holy Days of Obligation, during Lent or the Paschal Triduum, or other designated days.
Fees for Weddings in the Cathedral
- $1500 for the support of the parish and its ministries
- This fee includes the basic Wedding Music Fee with Dr. Ray Morvant. All extra musician fees will be charged separately.
- To be considered a registered parishioner, you must be registered at least ONE YEAR prior to your wedding date and contributing to the life of the parish.
- All couples seeking a wedding at the Cathedral must read and sign Wedding Guidelines.
- Payment Options:
- Check made payable to St. John's Cathedral and delivered to the parish office at 707 N. 8th St., Boise ID 83702.
- Click here to Pay Online; choose "Marriage Fees" under the Fund drop-down menu